Unlike other news readers, Genieo is a completely automatic, completely private personalization engine that can sense the difference between intention (I am looking for a new apartment) and attention (I will always care about stories related to Venture Capital); it can differentiate between caring about Derek Jeter all the time (you are a scary stalker fan) and only caring about him from May to October (you're just a Yankees fan).
Saturday, 14 May 2011
Tuesday, 10 May 2011
Tuesday, 3 May 2011
Microsoft's OneNote is a first-class note-gathering and editing tool. Here are five key features that make it so attractive:
- Note-taking functionality: OneNote offers excellent drag-and-drop features that allow you to insert snippets, pictures, diagrams, text and other information from a website into your notes. It auto-saves the notebooks. You can also use it to embed and synchronize audio and video files to your notes.
- Search: Its powerful search tool helps you find information quickly - whether it is the written word, text in pictures, or words in audio and video recordings. It even records the url of the original source for easy reference. Page tabs make it easy to go through, rearrange and search for pages in your notebooks.
- Sharing: Multiple people can work on a OneNote shared file simultaneously. The programme maintains a copy of the notebook on local computers, allowing you to work even when not connected to the network. Changes made by users are synchronized to ensure the shared notebook remains up-to-date.
- Outlook integration: Hassle-free integration with Outlook allows you to save tasks on Outlook, email notes directly from OneNote, share notebooks and mark notes with an Outlook task flag. This is synchronized with OneNote, a feature that lets you move between the two easily. OneNote pages can also be published as HTML pages.
- Screenshots: This nifty feature helps you capture sections of a webpage. Unlike the screen print option, here you don't need to save the page or crop it. Just select and pick the area you need and you are done!
OneNote also offers several other features, including customizable layout and design options, navigation history and note flags. Try it and you'll wonder how you managed without it for so long!
Follow the link below for keyboard shortcuts: